In the past few years, I have explored a multitude of National Parks and Marine Reserves around the world. All of them were unique and had features that made them stand out. Therefore I can only recommend them to you and encourage you to venture out there.
Some National Parks like Karijini offer amazing hikes and climbing. Meanwhile, others stand out due to their amazing scenery and natural beauty. Exploring these parks will allow you to get in touch with nature and discover hidden gems.
Marine Reserves like the Great Barrier Reef and the Ningaloo Reef allow some of the best snorkeling and diving.
In the end, it does not matter what you are looking for: You will find it in one of the many national parks around the world.
Traveling has turned me into someone that loves long hikes and extreme outdoor activities. Therefore I might be somewhat biased when it comes to national parks. Especially when it comes to various Australian parks. I love the unique features of each national park and its flora and fauna. Seeing the prominent geographical features or history.
For me exploring national parks is a big part of most of my trips as going there adds a new perspective. You get to see the untouched and natural side of a country. Something, that often contrasts the cultural side and therefore gives you a deeper understanding of whatever country you are exploring.
Amazing National Parks around the World
- Karijini National Park, Australia ⟹ hiking in gorges, swimming in natural pools
- Kalbarri National Park, Australia ⟹ great lookout spots & scenery inland and seaside
- Blue Mountains National Park, Australia ⟹ With its hikes on the cliff’s edge and through forests, waterfalls, and stunning views, it is one of the best day trips from Sydney.
- Kakadu National Park, Australia
- Fjordland National Park, New Zealand
- Cat Ba National Park, Vietnam ⟹ It is located on the largest island of Lan Ha Bay next to Ha Long Bay. There is a great peak hike and with a guide, you can track to more remote places.
- Kaudulla National Park / Minneriya National Park, Sri Lanka ⟹ Safari with up to 200+ elephants
- Bohemian Switzerland National Park, Germany & Czech Republic
- Banff National Parks, Canada
- Yellowstone National Park, USA
- Kruger National Park, South Africa
Marine Reserves you have to explore
- Great Barrier Reef ⟹ The Great Barrier Reef might just be the most famous coral reef in the world. It is great for diving and snorkeling and a must-see.
- Ningaloo Marine Park, Australia ⟹ world-class diving, snorkeling & whale watching
- Shark Bay Marine Park, Australia ⟹ dolphins, sharks & shell beaches
- Raja Ampat Marine Park, Indonesia
- Palau National Marine Sanctuary
- Galápagos Marine Reserve, Ecuador
Conservation, National Parks and Marine Reserves
The national parks and marine reserves around the world are some of the most stunning places on our planet. They are places of conservation that safeguard natural places and our biodiversity.
These areas are the last places that are (now) untouched by the human desire for resources. And yet it is the national parks that we should consider our most precious resources. National parks are established to protect the wilderness and preserve untouched nature. To maintain plant diversity and to conserve our planet as it should be.
We are fortunate to have marine reserves and national parks. And we should appreciate them and do what we can to help protect their diversity.
Therefore, it is crucial to follow the rules whenever we visit one of these precious places. No photo or selfie is worth destruction in a park or reserve. It is our duty to do what we can to preserve untouched nature and all life in it. And to contribute to the establishment of further national parks and reserves so that future generations can experience the same beauty.